The Young Alumni Award was initiated by the GVSU Alumni Association in 2008 to recognize recent graduates who are making outstanding contributions to society, and whose accomplishments and careers reflect favorably upon Grand Valley. This prestigious award is presented at December commencement to alumni nominees selected by a panel of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
A brief summary of the award criteria is shown below. The nominee must:
- Be distinguished in his or her career
- Possess integrity and stature
- Show a continuing interest in GVSU and have contributed to one or more programs
- Be a graduate
- Have demonstrated by his or her actions the importance of education received at GVSU
- Be a graduate within the past 10 years
- Be available to attend the award ceremony
- Not be a member of the GVSU Board of Trustees, Alumni Association Board of Directors, Young Alumni Council, staff, full-time faculty, or those that teach more than 12 credit hours per year.