Regional Alumni Network Application
A Regional Alumni Network is a group of Grand Valley graduates who live in a concentrated geographical area (at least 200+ alumni within a tri-county radius) and unite through periodic events to socialize, network, and participate in community service in order to stay connected with each other and the university. Regional Networks are recognized by, and accountable to GVSU Alumni Relations and are led by alumni leaders who live in the designated area.
The purpose of a Regional Alumni Network is to:
- bring alumni together for networking, professional development, social activities, lifelong learning, and community service;
- build relationships among GVSU alumni both personally and professionally;
- provide support to student interns and alumni moving to the region (answering questions and helping them become acclimated with the area);
- support the mission of the Alumni Relations office:
- We strive to provide Grand Valley alumni with a sense of community and pride, as well as lifelong learning opportunities. We do this by engaging alumni with student support activities, social and professional development events, communications, ways to give, and academic resources.
- advance the mission of GVSU;
- be a GVSU presence in communities – Go Lakers!;
- provide at least two-yearly opportunities for fellowship and networking;
- mobilize alumni to meet special needs of the university; and
- contribute new ideas to Alumni Relations about existing or possible programs.
Additional requirements and expectations of Regional Networks, Alumni Leaders, and the Alumni Relations office are outlined in the Handbook: LINK.
Note: Filling out this form does not guarantee that an Alumni Regional Network will be formed or that leadership will be granted.
* denotes a required field