Affinity Alumni Network Application
A Affinity Alumni Network is a group with an affiliation to a certain college/major, program, student organization, or other special interest group who unite through periodic events to socialize, network, and participate in community service in order to stay connected with each other and the university. Networks are recognized by, and accountable to, GVSU Alumni Relations. They are led by volunteer alumni leaders and a Campus Liaison.
The purpose of a Affinity Alumni Network is to:
- bring alumni together for networking, social activities, professional development, lifelong learning, and community service;
- build relationships among GVSU alumni both personally and professionally;
- provide support to students, alumni, and the campus department in the respective affinity;
- support the mission of the Alumni Relations office:
- We strive to provide Grand Valley alumni with a sense of community and pride, as well as lifelong learning opportunities. We do this by engaging alumni with student support activities, social and professional development events, communications, ways to give, and academic resources.
- advance the mission of GVSU;
- be a GVSU presence in communities – Go Lakers!;
- provide at least two-yearly opportunities for fellowship and networking;
- mobilize alumni to meet special needs of the university; and
- contribute new ideas to Alumni Relations about existing or possible programs.
Additional requirements and expectations of Affinity Networks, Leaders, Campus Liaisons and the Alumni Relations office are outlined in the Handbook: LINK.
Note: Filling out this form does not guarantee that an Alumni Affinity Network will be formed.
* denotes a required field