Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Chemistry
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|NSP 151 + 152 or 251 + 252||5|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
|NSP 153 + 154 or 253 + 254||5|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year. The required chemistry courses are not available at Glen Oaks.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities and social science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: SSA 201, HUF 261, HUL 234, HUR 231
- U.S. Diversity electives: HUL 201, SSS 121, SSS 220
- Accreditation: Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society.
- Students interested in the professional emphasis should take NSP 251 + 252 and 253 + 254. All other emphasis areas should take NSP 151 + 152 and 153 + 154.
- Students seeking teacher certification should take SSP 101 and NSB 121 and NSB 122 instead of physics.
- This is a general curriculum guide and is not applicable to every student.
Chemists with bachelor's degrees find employment in all areas of manufacturing, agribusiness, energy production, and health care, and in a wide variety of industrial, governmental, and medical laboratories. Areas of employment include product development and testing, quality control, environmental monitoring, and pollution control. Outside of the laboratory, chemists are employed by chemical and pharmaceutical companies in sales, technical service, and various phases of business
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org