Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Washtenaw Community College
Program Guide: International Relations
|Foreign Language I||4|
|Foreign Language II||4|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Foreign Language III||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Foreign Language IV||4|
- Degree offered: B.A. This major requires a fourth semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities elective must be a non-foreign language course. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- ENG 111 and ENG 226 both transfer to GVSU as WRT 150. If students don't complete the MTA, students will only receive the benefit of one of the courses.
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 181, HST 150, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 205, SOC 207, SOC 230
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
Career opportunities in the field of international relations have expanded as interaction among nations has increased. Many international relations majors will pursue careers with multinational corporations in fields of international marketing, finance, and business. International careers in the public sector include opportunities in the Department of State, Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, and the Central Intelligence Agency, among others. Some graduates of the international relations program will pursue careers with international civic and nonprofit organizations. In addition, there is an increasing demand for professionals with international relations backgrounds in the fields of journalism, teaching, information technology, and research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com