Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- The Therapeutic Recreation major is a secondary admit program.
- To learn more about Therapeutic Recreation visit their website at www.gvsu.edu/tr
- Both NSC 133 & NSC 134 should be taken at Glen Oaks to fulfill the general chemistry requirement.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at GOCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-SSP course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: SSA 201, HUF 261, HUL 234, HUR 231
- U.S. Diversity electives: HUL 201, SSS 121, SSS 220
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com