Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Washtenaw Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|HSC 147 or PSY 206||4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Contact a GVSU advisor regarding Anatomy & Physiology requirement. BMS 250 Anatomy & Physiology I must be completed prior to submissions of the nursing application.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 201, GEO 101, HST 122, HST 123, HUM 145, HUM 146, PLS 211, SPN 202, SPN 224
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 181, HST 150, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 205, SOC 207, SOC 230
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org