Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Washtenaw Community College
Program Guide: Public Administration
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MTH 160.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Freshman/sophomore public administration courses are not available at Washtenaw.
- Courses other than ACC and ECO are available at Grand Valley.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-ECO course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- ENG 111 and ENG 226 both transfer to GVSU as WRT 150. If students don't complete the MTA, students will only receive the benefit of one of the courses.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 201, GEO 101, HST 122, HST 123, HUM 145, HUM 146, PLS 211, SPN 202, SPN 224
- U.S. Diversity elective: ENG 181, HST 150, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 205, SOC 207, SOC 230
Public administration majors find employment in government, health administration, criminal justice, nonprofit, and private areas of the economy. These positions include city manager, program or agency director, budge officer, personnel manager, labor relations specialist, and court administrator.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org