Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Communication Studies
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|MTA Approved MA course||4|
|Science lab elective||4|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
- Students should choose electives from: JR 254, COM 135, COM 236, COM 227, BA 174, JR 266, HU 240, JR 251, JR 252 PO 102, PO 105, TH 243, TH 245
- Students seeking the B.A. degree are required to demonstrate third semester competence in a foreign language. MA 215 is required for the B.S. degree.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PS course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- This is designed for students interested in general communication. Students interested in a specific major in communication should contact an advisor.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: AN 280, COM 235, EN 251, EN 261, EN 270, EN 271, EN 272, EN 278, GE 281, HS 215, HS 249, HS 250, HS 281, PL 207, SO 254, SO 260, SO 261, SO 262, SO 265, SO 270
Communications is a multidisciplinary liberal arts and professional field. At Grand Valley a student may choose a general major in communications or one of seven specialized majors. These majors include: Film and Video Production, Photography, Theatre, Advertising and Public Relations, Broadcasting, Journalism, and Health Communication.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org