Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Special Education
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|HS 120 or 121||4|
|PY 233 or CD 118||3-4|
|BI 101E (1)||4|
|PC 101 (1)||4|
|GL 111 (1)||3|
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department on Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Degree offered: B.A., B.S. The B.S. degree requires MA 215 or PY 281. The B.A. degree requires a third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- Recommended humanities electives: AT 105, AT 106, MUS 110, TH 248
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year of coursework. For additional transfer information for special education, see: www.gvsu.edu/clasadvising/special-education-129.htm
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
(1) All three of these courses must be completed to get credit for specific needed courses at Grand Valley. Only sections labeled "E" (education) can be counted toward this requirement.
Deadlines for application to Teacher Education are: February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com