"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kirtland Community College
Program Guide: Sociology
|Social Science elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-SOC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspective electives: ENG 22800, GEO 10000
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIS 20100, HIS 20200
- Students should transfer after one year of classes.
Students majoring in sociology have a wide variety of career options. The discipline emphasizes an understanding of social organization and diversity and prepares students for careers in a variety of settings, including human services, human resources, business, and community organizations. Schools, churches, hospitals, courts, prisons, mental health agencies, and drug abuse agencies provide specific locations for employment and student internships.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com