Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Jackson Community College
Program Guide: Economics
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degrees offered: B.A., B.S..
- Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third-semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-ECN course. Science electives must be taken from different disciplnes. Humanities electives must be taken from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 131, CUL 175, ENG 257, GEO 132, PLS 262, SPN 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 249, HST 125, SOC 235, SOC 246
The economics program, part of the Seidman College of Business, is designed to give students an understanding of the structure and operation of the United States and international economies and an opportunity to develop a specialty within economics or in a cognate field, such as accounting, mathematics, or political science. Competence in economic analysis is a good preparation for work in private enterprise, non-profit firms and government.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org