"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Natural Resource Management
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|CHM 130 + 131 or 150 + 151 or 120||4/5|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- *Elective cognate requirements. Other options available at Grand Valley.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-EC course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 201, PS 215, SP 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: AN 280, COM 235, EN 251, EN 261, EN 270, EN 271, EN 272, EN 278, GE 281, HS 215, HS 249, HS 250, HS 281, PL 207, SO 254, SO 260, SO 261, SO 262, SO 265, SO 270
Natural Resource Management majors will be prepared to assume responsibility for the management of natural resources on either private or public lands. They will be prepared to deal with optimizing and balancing the use and production of commodities such as soils, water, timber, range land, and minerals with the less tangible values of scenery, air and water quality, recreation, wildlife, and social well-being.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org