Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Montcalm Community College
Program Guide: Sociology
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.A, B.S.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 260, BUSN 260, HIST 257, HUMN 110, PHIL 221
- Students may want to use elective courses towards a minor.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfe Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-SOCI course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
Students majoring in sociology have a wide variety of career options. The discipline emphasizes an understanding of social organization and diversity and prepares students for careers in a variety of settings, including human services, human resources, business, and community organizations. Schools, churches, hospitals, courts, prisons, mental health agencies, and drug abuse agencies provide specific locations for employment and student internships.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org