Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Wayne County Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Contact GVSU advisor regarding anatomy and physiology requirement.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 152, ANT 154, ENG 228, ENG 266, FRE 202, GEO 202, HIS 152, MWS 101, MWS 102, MWS 103, PHL 101, PHL 102, SPA 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: AAS 120, AAS 131, AAS 140, ANT 201, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 261, HUM 126, MWS 114, SOC 103, SOC 230, SOC 245
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org