Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Macomb Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|ENGL 1180 or 1210||3-4|
|ENGL 1190 or 1220||3-4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|ECON 1160 or 1170||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 1000, BUSN 2100, ENGL 2800, ENGL 2810, FREN 2370, GEOG 2000, GRMN 2370, HIST 2520, HIST 2650, HUMN 1700, HUMN 1750, INTL 2000, INTL 2300, INTL 2500, ITAL 2370, POLS 1900, POLS 1950, SPAN 2370
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year. Application materials must be completed and submitted by September 30 for winter admission.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com