Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Lake Michigan College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- The Therapeutic Recreation department at GVSU strongly urges students to transfer after one year at a community college. The program requires three years plus one internship semester at GVSU regardless of the number of transfer credits.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: FORL 202, FORL 222, HIST 102, POSC 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIST 201, HIST 202, HONR 215, SOC 201, SOC 202, SOC 205
- Prospective students are advised to contact the Therapeutic Recreation department as soon as possible.
The field of therapeutic recreation has continued to grow, with diverse opportunities for employment. Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com