Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Oakland Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|ECO 2610 or 2620||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 1540, ANT 2750, ARA 2620, BUS 2150, CHI 2620, ENG 2530, ENG 2540, FRE 2620, GEO 1520, GER 2620, GLS 2900 - 2920, HIS 1520, HUM 1710, JPN 2620, MUS 1585, POL 2610, RUS 2620, SPA 2620
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
Grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year. Application materials must be completed and submitted by September 30 for winter admission.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org