Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Gogebic Community College
Program Guide: International Relations
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.A. This major requires a fourth semester proficiency in a foreign language. Languages other than Spanish are available at Grand Valley.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities elective must be a non-foreign language course. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANT 225, ENG 224, HST 201, HST 202, SOC 102, SOC 112
- Possible elective: HST 170
Career opportunities in the field of international relations have expanded as interaction among nations has increased. Many international relations majors will pursue careers with multinational corporations in fields of international marketing, finance, and business. International careers in the public sector include opportunities in the Department of State, Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, and the Central Intelligence Agency, among others. Some graduates of the international relations program will pursue careers with international civic and nonprofit organizations. In addition, there is an increasing demand for professionals with international relations backgrounds in the fields of journalism, teaching, information technology, and research.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com