Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
West Shore Community College
Program Guide: Political Science
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Lab Science elective||4|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. Students seeking the B.S. degree must take MTH 123.
- Students may consider transferring after one year.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-POL course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 112, GEO 133, LIT 213, PHL 202, SPN 202, HIS 142
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANT 114, SOC 275, HIS 145, HIS 146
Students majoring in political science find positions in a wide variety of fields - with a large percentage of persons employed in business. Other careers include government work in administration, foreign service, and specialized overseas assignments. There are also many positions in teaching, public action and interest groups.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org