Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Northwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Computer Science
|World Perspecitves elective||3|
|U.S Diversity elective||4|
|Lab Science elective||4|
- Degrees offered: B.A., B.S..
- Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third-semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of general education. The required computer science courses are not available at NMC.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 113, ART 111, ART 112, ENG 241, ENG 263, ENG 271, GEO 109, HST 228, HST 235, FRN 202, SPN 202, PHL 121, PHL 122, PLS 132, PLS 211
- U.S. Diversity electives: ART 214, ENG 245, HST 111, HST 112, HST 211, HST 212, HST 213, MUS 111, SOC 201, SOC 220
Job opportunities in the computer industry are expected to grow rapidly, particularly as computers are used to solve problems in ever expanding areas, including accounting and business management services and research and development. Positions in the computer field include those in computer programming, systems analysis, systems programming, applications programming, software engineering, telecommunications, computer operations, and a variety of positions in computer sales, design, manufacturing, and customer service.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com