Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Oakland Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perpsecitves electives: ANT 1540, ANT 2750, ARA 2620, BUS 2150, CHI 2620, ENG 2530, ENG 2540, FRE 2620, GEO 1520, GER 2620, GLS 2900 - 2920, HIS 1520, HUM 1710, JPN 2620, MUS 1585, POL 2610, RUS 2620, SPA 2620
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 1610, HIS 2510, HIS 2520, HIS 2610, SOC 2520, SOC 2530, SOC 2560
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com