"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Physical Education
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year. Few of the prerequisite courses are available at SMC.
- World Perspectives elective: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity elective: SOCI 202, SOCI 203, SOCI 240
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science elective must be a non-BIOL course. Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students interested in teacher certification should take PSYC 205,
The degree in physical education is designed for the preparation of teachers, coaches, athletic trainers, and fitness/wellness leaders. Opportunities in physical education include positions as: teachers (K-12), coaches, intramural directors, recreation leaders, athletic officials, athletic administration, consultants, camp directors, youth leaders, wellness/fitness leaders and administrators, athletic trainers and personal trainers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org