Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degrees offered: B.S.N.
- Accreditation: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- BMS 208, BMS 309 and CHM 230 must be completed before submitting the professional nursing application.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspective electives: FRL 206, FRL 255, GEO 102, HRY 101, HRY 252, HUM 205, PHI 209, PSI 202, SOC 201
- U.S. Diversity electives: HRY 102, HRY 103, SOC 103, SOC 200, SOC 205
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org