Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|PSI 100 or 101||3|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|ECO 201 or 202||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-BIO course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspective electives: FRL 206, FRL 255, GEO 102, HRY 101, HRY 252, HUM 205, PHI 209, PSI 202, SOC 201
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
Grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year. Application materials must be completed and submitted by September 30 for winter admission.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy of the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com