Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Computer Science
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- Students should transfer after one year of basic courses. The required computer science courses are not available at SMC.
- The Computer Science major at GVSU requires secondary admission. Consult with an academic advisor at GVSU concerning these requirements.
- U.S. Diversity electives: SOCI 202, SOCI 203, SOCI 240
- World Perspectives electives: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- History electives: HIST 101, HIST 102, HIST 201, HIST 202
- To speak with a GVSU academic advisor about the Computer Science degree, please call 616.331.6025.
Job opportunities in the computer industry are expected to grow rapidly, particularly as computers are used to solve problems in ever-expanding areas, including accounting and business management services and research and development. Positions in the computer field include those in computer programming, systems analysis, systems programming, applications programming, software engineering, telecommunications, computer operations, and a variety of positions in computer sales, design, manufacturing, and customer service.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org