Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Occupational Safety & Health Management
|World Perspectives electives||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- The Occupational Safety & Health Management major is a secondary admit program.
- To learn more about Occupational Safety & Health Management visit their website at www.gvsu.edu/osh
- Both NSC 133 & NSC 134 should be taken at Glen Oaks to fulfill the general chemistry requirement.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. The prerequisite courses are not available at GOCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement. Social science and humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-NSC course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: SSA 201, HUF 261, HUL 234, HUR 231
- U.S. Diversity electives: HUL 201, SSS 121, SSS 220
With increased emphasis on workplace safety, career opportunities for occupational safety and health management graduates look very good. Most employers with 200 or more employees have one or more full-time persons working in the safety area. In addition, many smaller employers also hire a full-time safety professional. Job opportunities exist in hospitals, municipalities, manufacturing, retail, wholesale, construction, transportation, consulting, and insurance.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org