Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Lake Michigan College
Program Guide: Physical Education
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year. Many of the required freshman/sophomore courses are not available at LMC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-BIOL course. Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: FORL 202, FORL 222, HIST 102, POSC 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIST 201, HIST 202, HONR 215, SOC 201, SOC 202, SOC 205
- Students interested in sports leadership should take COMM 101.
- Students interested in K-12 teacher certificaion should take PSYC 204.
- Students interested in the sports management concentration could take: BUSA 201, BUSA 205, CIS 100
The degree in physical education is designed for the preparation of teachers, coaches, athletic trainers, and fitness/wellness leaders. Opportunities in physical education include positions as; teachers, coaches, intramural directors, recreation leaders, athletic officials, athletic administrators, consultants, camp directors, youth leaders, wellness/fitness leaders and administrators, athletic trainers, and personal trainers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org