"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Radiologic and Imaging Sciences
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|MA 131or (MA 110 + MA 108)||5|
|World Perspective elective||3|
- Degrees offered: B.S.
- This is a separate application from the GVSU application. Students will need to take some GVSU courses to fulfill the general education and RIS prerequisites to be eligible to apply to the RIS program.
- The RIS program offers the following three majors: Diagnostic Medical Sonography (general or echo/vasular emphasis), Radiation Therapy, Radiologic and Imaging Science (national registration required).
- To learn more about Radiologic and Imaging Sciences at GVSU visit their website at www.gvsu.edu/rad
- Contact the College of Health Professions for additional information regarding secondary admissions requirements.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- Both BI 121 + 122 MUST be taken to receive credit for BMS 208 + 290 + 291 + 309 or BMS 250 + 251.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be taken from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org