The Transformational Link
The Transformational Link on the Allendale Campus was completed by Detroit artist Gary Kulak and represents a student's educational journey at GVSU.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Northwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Nursing
|Social Science elective||3|
|BIO 115 + 115L||4|
|CHM 101 + 101L||4|
|BIO 227 + 227L||5|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|BIO 228 + 228L||5|
|BIO 208 + 208L||4|
- Degrees offered: B.S.N.
- Interested students are advised to contact the School of Nursing at GVSU.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 113, ART 111, ART 112, ENG 241, ENG 263, ENG 271, GEO 109, HST 228, HST 235, FRN 202, SPN 202, PHL 121, PHL 122, PLS 132, PLS 211
- U.S. Diversity electives: ART 214, ENG 245, HST 111, HST 112, HST 211, HST 212, HST 213, MUS 111, SOC 201, SOC 220
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com