Cook Carillon Tower
An Allendale Campus icon, the Cook Carillon Tower chimes every quarter hour with a computerized system, but is also played during events and concerts by local and visiting carillonists.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Anthropology
|Social Science elective||4|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S., B.A. Students seeking a B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-SSA course. Humanities elective must be a non-HUR course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- U.S. Diversity electives: HUL 201, SSS 121, SSS 220
- Students are required to take a one year science sequence. You can choose from the following: NSB 121 + 122, NSC 133 + 134, NSP 151 + 152 + 153 + 154.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year of general courses.
Professional and career opportunities for students majoring in anthropology include jobs in international development/assistance (nonprofit and government), government, education, museums, international business, zoos, human services, and health care.
It is important to identify your interests as early as possible so that you and your advisor can develop the best academic program possible. For many career paths in anthropology, it is important to have experience through one or more practicums or actual field experience in archeology. These opportunities are available with appropriate planning and coordination with your advisor.
Career practicum experiences are available for students interested in museum work and a number of other activities in local communities. Students interested in practicum experiences need to begin planning with their advisor for the experience as early as possible in their college career.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com