"Grand Valley's liberal education broadened my experiences. I got to learn a lot of different subjects, and then I got to choose and pick which one I really wanted to dive into and focus on." - Tyler Way '09, Footwear Designer, Sebago - Wolverine Worldwide; Creative Director, Fashion Has Heart; Freelancer Read More
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
St. Clair County Community College
Program Guide: Geology
|U.S. Diversity/Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 121 or 221||4-5|
|Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 122 or 222||4-5|
|World Perspectives/Social Science elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S. in Geology
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 149, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201
- Students can choose one of the following sequences if time permits: MTH 114 + MTH 215 or MTH 120 + 1 more at Grand Valley or CIS 115 + CIS 260
The geosciences offer challenging career opportunities and are among the higher paid professions. The B.S. degree in geology is intended primarily to prepare students for graduate study in the geological sciences. As a terminal degree, it is useful in a variety of careers, including environmental technology, mineral and energy resource exploration, science writing, and business. Geoscientists will apply their knowledge and skills to exploring and developing the earth's resources.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com