Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Lake Michigan College
Program Guide: Special Education
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Students completing the B.A. degree may take three semesters of a single foreign language. Students completing the B.S. degree may take MATH 216.
- Students should consider transferring after one year at community college.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: FORL 202, FORL 222, HIST 102, POSC 202
- Choose one of the following history electives: HIST 101, HIST 102, HIST 201, HIST 202
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION:
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement. Students must select a teachable major.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education Advisors can be reached at 616-331-6650.
The application deadline for the College of Education is February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com