Set on 1,304 acres along the Grand River Valley, the main campus in Allendale provides picturesque scenery during all four distinct Michigan seasons.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
St. Clair County Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Interested students are advised to contact the School of Nursing at GVSU.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 149, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- BMS 309 Human Anatomy lab must be completed with a minimum grade of "C" before submitting a nursing application.
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com