Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Bay de Noc Community College
Program Guide: Physics
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S..
- This guide assumes a prior math background.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities and social science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please see a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students seeking teacher certification should take PSYC 201 as a social science elective.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 201, BUSN 260, GEOG 125, GEOG 126, PHIL 202, POLI 201
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENGL 211, SOCY 207, SOCY 208
Physicists are usually employed in research and development laboratories in industry, private institutions, and government. As we enter a new century, the physicist will normally be working as a part of a team of scientists and engineers in such research fields as energy, superconductivity, low temperature, optics, atomic and nuclear phenomena, radiation, and computers. A physics degree is also excellent background for positions or further education in such fields as medicine, law, business administration, and engineering.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org