Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Alpena Community College
Program Guide: Therapeutic Recreation
|ENG 111 or 121||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|ENG 112 or 122||3|
|Sociial Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at Alpena.
- The Therapeutic Recreation major is a secondary admit program.
- To learn more about Therapeutic Recreation visit their webstie at www.gvsu.edu/tr
- Both BIOL 201 & BIOL 203 should be taken at Alpena to fulfill the anatomy & physiology requirement.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANP 121, ANP 239, ENG 203, HUM 241, HUM 242
- U.S. Diversity electives: HST 221, HST 222, SOC 210, SOC 230
Recreation therapists may serve as counselors, community educators and organizers, administrators, supervisors, consultants, and researchers. Professionals might find themselves in any of the following settings: hospitals, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health clinics, substance abuse centers, respite day programs, hospice, school systems, schools or residential centers for those with specific disabilities, special schools or treatment clinics, child protective agencies, sheltered workshops, programs operated by public recreation and park departments.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org