Grand Valley offers many campus dining options for grabbing a bite to eat while socializing with friends or working on group projects.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Elementary Education - Language Arts
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Foreign Language 101||4|
|Foreign Language 102||4|
|PY 233 or CD 118||3/4|
|BI 101 E (1)||4|
|Foreign Language 201||4|
|GL 111 E (1)||4|
|PC 101 E (1)||4|
|World Perspective elective||3|
(1) All three of these courses must be completed to get specific needed courses at Grand Valley State. Only sections labeled "E" (education) can be counted towards this requirement.
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department on Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Choose EN electives from: EN 233, 237, 261. 262, 271, 278, 281 and 282
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PY course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 295, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
Deadlines for application to Teacher Education are: September 15 for winter admission and field placement; February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com