Grand Valley Arch
Grand Valley's arch welcomes visitors to the Allendale Campus.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Mid Michigan Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|ECO 201 or ECO 202||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science elective must be a non-BIO course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 170, HIS 102, REL 111, SSC 111
- Degree offered: B.S.W. Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
Grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com