Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
West Shore Community College
Program Guide: Physical Education
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year. Many of the prerequisite courses are not available at WSCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science elective must be a non-ANP course. Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives elective: ANT 112, GEO 133, LIT 213, PHL 202, SPN 202, HIS 142
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANT 114, SOC 275, HIS 145, HIS 146
- Students interested in the sports leadership emphasis should take SPE 101 and ACC 121.
The degree in physical education is designed for the preparation of teachers, coaches, athletic trainers, and fitness/wellness leaders. Opportunities in physical education include positions as: teachers K-12), coaches, intramural directors, recreation leaders, athletic officials, athletic administration, consultants, camp directors, youth leaders, wellness/fitness leaders and administrators, and personal trainers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org