Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|MA 215 or PY 281||4|
|EC 251 or 252||3|
|GE/HS 281 or SO 260||3|
|World Perspective elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Courses in humanities must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-BI course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 280; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW 150. These courses can not be repeated more than once.
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work at the end of their sophomore year. There is no winter admission.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
All social work majors must formally apply to the School of Social Work during the spring/summer prior to their junior year. To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses. The following courses require a 2.7: SWK 102, PS 110, PY 231, SO 254, HS/GE 281/SO 260, PY 260.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com