Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Alpena Community College
Program Guide: Public Administration
|ENG 111 or 121||3|
|Social Science elective||3|
|ENG 112 or 122||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|World Perspectives elective||3|
- Degree offered: B.A., B.S.. Students seeking the B.A. degree must demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language. MTH 223 is only required for students seeking the B.S. degree.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSY course. Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANP 121, ANP 239, ENG 203, HUM 241, HUM 242
- U.S. Diversity electives: HST 221, HST 222, SOC 210, SOC 230
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Freshman/sophomore public administration courses are not available at Alpena.
- Many options other than ECN 231, ECN 232, BUS 123, BUS 124 are available at Grand Valley.
Public administration majors find employment in government, health administration, criminal justice, nonprofit, and private areas of the economy. These positions include city manager, program or agency director, budge officer, personnel manager, labor relations specialist, and court administrator.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org