Grand Valley offers many campus dining options for grabbing a bite to eat while socializing with friends or working on group projects.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Kirtland Community College
Program Guide: Social Work
|World Perspective elective||3|
|BIO 10100 or 10700||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|ECO 20100 or 20200||3|
- Degree offered: B.S.W.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Humanites electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-BIO course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- World Perspective electives: ENG 22800, GEO 10000
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIS 20100, HIS 20200
- Students should considering after one year
- Students will need to complete SW 150 and SOC 205 prior to application to the social work program.
Students must earn a minimum grade of B- (2.7) and not have repeated the following GVSU courses (or their transfer institution equivalents) more than once: PLS 102; PSY 303; PSY or SOC 360; SOC 205; SOC 382 or SW 300; SOC 384; SOC 385; and SW150
Effective Fall 2010: grades earned at another institution in these courses will be considered for admission into the School of Social Work and must meet the grade and repeat criteria indicated above.
ADMISSION AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must formally apply for Candidacy in the School of Social Work's Baccalaureate program during the spring/summer prior to fall entry into the Social Work program. The Candidacy Application is on-line and should be completed by the posted May deadline for early consideration. All applications must be completed and submitted by the posted August deadline.
To be eligible for consideration of candidacy, students must have:
- Completed all freshman and sophomore course requirements in the B.S.W. curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5. Earned a minimum grade of 2.7 in selected courses.
- Admission to the BSW program occurs only in the fall semester.
- Complete the application and process for candidacy for the B.S.W. degree.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com