Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Liberal Studies
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|MTA approved MA course||4|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|(1) PL 202||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|MA 215 or PY 281||4|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
(1) PL 202 are only required for the B.S. degree.
- Degree offered: B.A., B.S.. Students seeking the B.A. degree are required to demonstrate third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PS course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
- U.S. Diversity electives: AN 280, COM 235, EN 251, EN 261, EN 270, EN 271, EN 272, EN 278, GE 281, HS 215, HS 249, HS 250, HS 281, PL 207, SO 254, SO 260, SO 261, SO 262, SO 265, SO 270
To be admitted to the Liberal Arts major, students must (1) have earned at least a B (3.0) average in four courses: English 150, LIB 100, PHI 102, and one course in the proposed emphasis, (2) have achieved sophomore standing, and (3) have submitted an approved Study Plan.
With the advisor, students construct their study plans. These consist of listings of courses selected for emphasis area and electives, and a narrative statement which describes the student's course of study, its coherence and significance. Study plans are submitted to the program's coordinator for review and approval.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com