Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: Special Education
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
- Students completing the B.A. degree may take three semesters of a foreign language. Students completing the B.S. degree may take MATH 150.
- World Perspectives electives: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with a community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Both MATH 153 and MATH 154 must be completed to meet a single course requirement at Grand Valley.
- It is recommended that students transfer after one year of basic courses
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION:
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education Advisors can be reached at 616-331-6650.
The application deadline for the College of Education is February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org