Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Glen Oaks Community College
Program Guide: Physical Education
|World Perspectives elective||4|
|Social Science elective||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||4|
- Degree offered: B.S..
- Students may want to consider transferring after one year of basic courses. Many of the prerequisite freshman/sophomore courses are not available at GOCC.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Social science elective must be a non-SSP course. Science elecitve must be a non-BIO course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 201, LNG 261, ENG 234, REL 231, HIST 102
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 201, SOC 121, SOC 220, HIST 201, HIST 202
- Students interested in teacher certification should take: MATH 201, PSY 101
- Students interested in Sports Leadership - Coaching should take: PHED 212, PHED 223, PHED 224
- Students interested in Sports Leadership - Sports Management should take: ACCT 111, BUS 221
The degree in physical education is designed for the preparation of teachers, coaches, athletic trainers, and fitness/wellness leaders. Opportunities in physical education include positions as: teachers (K-12), coaches, intramural directors, recreation leaders, athletic officials, athletic administration, consultants, camp directors, youth leaders, wellness/fitness leaders and administrators, athletic trainers and personal trainers.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • firstname.lastname@example.org