Set on 1,304 acres along the scenic Grand River Valley, the Allendale main campus is home to modern classrooms and labs, contemporary housing, outstanding fitness and sports facilities, a comprehensive library, and much more.
Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
St. Clair County Community College
Program Guide: Biology
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity/Social Science elective||3|
|MTH 120 or MTH 114||4|
|World Perspecitves/Social Science elective||3|
|PHY 121 or 221||4-5|
- Degrees offered: B.A., B.S. Students desiring a BA. degree must demonstrate a third semester proficiency in a foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANT 171, ENG 208, ENG 230, FR 204, GEO 233, GR 204, HIS 102, HIS 102H, HIS 280, SP 204
- U.S. Diversity electives: ENG 225, ENG 236, HIS 150, HIS 233, HIS 297, SOC 110, SOC 160, SOC 201
- Students interested in teacher certification should take PSY 180.
- Both BIO 200 and BIO 250 must be taken in order to receive credit for BIO 120 + BIO 121 at Grand Valley.
- If MTH 114 is not taken, then MTH 111 can be taken. MTH 111 is not part of the biology major, but it is a prerequisite for PHY 220 at Grand Valley.
As a science, biology offers the opportunity to study and experiment with animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria in the laboratory and outdoors. Biologists make contributions in widely varying areas, including medicine, crop development, wildlife management, environmental preservation, and systematics.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com