Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Grand Rapids Community College
Program Guide: Secondary Education - Physical Education
|EN 100 or 101||3|
|World Perspective elective||3|
|Science elective (not BI)||3|
|PY 233 or CD 118||3/4|
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department on Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsement.
- This guide is appropriate for students seeking K-12 certification.
- For students seeking the sports leadership emphasis, the following courses should be considered: For the coaching concentration: COM 131, CA 250, OT 213, PE 199. For the sports management concentration: COM 131, BA 256 BA 207, BA 283, CO 110
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer agreement (MTA). Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Science elective must be a non-BI course. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT STUDENTS SEE THE GRCC COUNSELING AND CAREER CENTER FOR A LIST OF COURSES THAT WILL FULFILL ELECTIVES.
- World Perspectives electives: AN 201, AN 210, AN 285, BA 288, EC 290, EN 252, EN 281, EN 282, FR 232, GR 232, GE 135, GE 210, GE 296, HS 101, HS 102, HS 120, HS 121, HS 230, HS 239, HS 240, HS 241, HS 242, HS 290, HS 295, PS 201, PS 202, PS 215, SP 232
Deadlines for application to Teacher Education are: September 15 for winter admission and field placement; February 1 for fall admission and field placement. Application packets are available in the College of Education.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com