Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Southwestern Michigan College
Program Guide: English
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|GERM 101 or SPAN 101||4|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|GERM 102 or SPAN 102||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Science Lab elective||4|
|GERM 201 or SPAN 201||4|
|ENGL 231 or ENGL 232||3|
|ENGL 223 or ENGL 224||3|
|ENGL 281 or ENGL 282||3|
- Degree offered: B.A..
- World Perspectives electives: GERM 202, PHIL 201, SOCI 101, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: SOCI 202, SOCI 203, SOCI 240
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- Students interested in pursuing teacher certification should take PSYC 101 as a social science elective.
- Secondary teacher certificaion candidates are also required to complete a teachable minor. Please see www.gvsu.edu/clasadvising/secondary-certification-84.htm for minor options.
- Elementary teacher certificaion candidates also take ENGL 251, MATH 153 and MATH 154 (both math classes must be taken to receive specific credit).
Students who major in English find work in a variety of fields, ranging from management to computer programming. Careers such as writing, teaching, library science, editing, and publishing are directly related to specific studies in English language and literature. The communication skills developed in the study of English are also important to careers in public relations, business management, and personnel counseling.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com