Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Montcalm Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|BIOL 110 or 121||4|
|Social Science elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity elective||3|
|BIOL 115 or 122||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- It is strongly recommended that students transfer after one year.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Social science elective must be a non-PSYC course. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 260, BUSN 260, HIST 257, HUMN 110, PHIL 221
- U.S. Diversity electives: ANTH 265, HIST 250, HIST 251, HIST 252, HIST 253, SOCI 235, POLI 240
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com