Note: Email and password are case sensitive.
Lansing Community College
Program Guide: Nursing
|World Perspectives elective||3|
|U.S. Diversity/Social Science elective||3|
|BIOL 203 + 204||4|
- Degree offered: B.S.N.
- Additional courses are required at Grand Valley prior to applying to the College of Nursing.
- This guide fulfills the MACRAO agreement. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements.
- World Perspectives electives: ANTH 270, FREN 202, GEOG 200, GRMN 202, HUMS 125, HUMS 160, HUMS 214, POLS 201, SPAN 202
- U.S. Diversity electives: HIST 211, HIST 212, HUMS 215, SOCL 255, SOCL 260
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students who only meet minimum requirements may not be competitive. Multiple selection criteria are used to determine admission to the nursing program. These include but are not limited to:
- Declare nursing as a major prior to nursing application submission
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (includes non-GVSU college credits) and complete all pre-requisite courses with a "C" (not C-) or higher
- A completed nursing application by the deadline
- Competitive grades in the pre-requisite courses required for admission
- An interview
- Other areas as detailed on the nursing application
- Starting Fall 2012: Adhere to the Kirkhof College of Nursing repeat policy: Students may repeat three pre-requisite courses and two of those courses can be BMS, CHM, or BIO
Please note: A grade of "C" (2.0) is considered a failure in all required nursing courses (designated by NUR). Students who ail more than one nursing course will not be allowed to remain in the program. Withdrawal from a course in failing status will be considered a course failure regardless of when the withdrawal occurs.
Phone (616) 331-2025 • 1-800-748-0246 • email@example.com